West Systems S.r.l was created in 1988 with the intent to deal with emerging technologies, with particular attention to electronic applications in different fields, such as earth and environmental sciences.
At present West Systems operates worldwide, providing both services and consultation to environmental research and in the design and production of specific technical instrumentation.
The accumulated experience allows the company to operate in multiple fields:
- Sampling and chemical-physical, isotopic and radio-isotopic characterization of atmospheric particulate
- Environmental radioactivity: consultation and instrument supply for monitoring and characterizing both natural radioactivity and radionuclide pollution, in all environmental matrices.
- Environment: design and production of specific instruments for the measurement of spatial and secular variations of the chemical-physical parameters in soil, water and atmosphere. Consultation, assistance and supply of specific instrumentation, for research surveys on gaseous exchanges at soil-atmospheric levels, in different fields of application, such as volcanologic and geothermal sciences, MSW landfills, polluted sites, etc.
- Dosimetry: design and development of specific instruments to measure ionizing and non-ionizing radiations
- Process automation for industrial purposes
Among the many collaborations, some of the most important are those carried out with National Research Institutions such as: CNR Institute of Geosciences and Earth-resources, CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, INGV Geochemical Laboratories, the Faculties of Engineering of the University of Pisa and Florence.